Residential Building Surveys
Only 20% of people in the UK get a professional property survey before making the largest single purchase of their lifetime.
Building Surveys can be costly, not worth the paper they are written on, and hold you up. However, having a survey can also mean avoiding a lot of unforeseen expense and stress in years to come.
Items that would have been flagged up in a comprehensive Building Survey at purchase stage could mean that the previous owner could rectify defects, or you could negotiate a more favourable purchase price to take into account remedial works needed in the near future.
DMC Survey Services act solely on behalf of the purchaser and provides an impartial survey of the property so you will have full confidence in your investment.
Reasons for getting a Residential Building Survey:
- You are looking to buy a very old or unusual property.
- The property has a thatched roof or is timber framed.
- The building is listed.
- You have any specific worries about any part of the property.
- You feel very unsure about what sort of condition the property is in.
- The building has been vacant for a period of time/derelict for a period of time or not completely finished due to financial constraints or economic market conditions.
- If a property is being sold for less than other similar properties in the area or being sold at auction.