Asbestos Management Re-Inspection Surveys
Has your Management Survey become Outdated?
Have you been managing asbestos as per the Management Surveys recommendations?
DMC Survey Services provides Asbestos Re-Inspection Surveys for properties that have been previously surveyed by us or others to keep information up to date. We can set up a management plan to fit your buildings needs and create a schedule for periodic site visits and checks.
Asbestos containing materials need to be inspected on a regular basis to assess the current condition and keep existing records up to date, as detailed in The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012.
Asbestos Re-Inspection Surveys are intended to allow a designated person to monitor the condition of previously identified asbestos containing materials within a property.
The condition of asbestos containing materials can worsen, or materials can be accidentally damaged therefore the risk associated with the material can alter significantly. An Asbestos Management Plan must be reviewed at the very minimum once a year (depending on the type of asbestos material and the recommendations in the original survey).
The updated Management Asbestos Survey Report will contain updated photographs of asbestos containing materials with new recommendations to manage the materials safely going forward.
DMC Survey Services will:
- Assess records on any previously identified asbestos containing materials
- Provide costings and a plan for a Re-Inspection
- Contact you prior to your Re-Inspection due date
- Complete a Re-Inspection Survey at your site and update records
- Advise on changes to the condition of asbestos containing materials and provide recommendations to manage the materials on site
- Review your asbestos materials policy and management plan
Asbestos law – what’s the worst that could happen?
If you own or are responsible for a commercial building you could be liable if there is a failure to manage the asbestos correctly and individuals are exposed to asbestos fibres, which could result in a prosecution and imprisonment.
I'm interested what do I need to do?