If a property was built before the year 2000 and has not been refurbished since then, there is a possibility that it may contain asbestos containing materials. Asbestos was not completely prohibited in the United Kingdom until 1999.
Most asbestos containing materials can be managed in place if they are not disturbed or damaged. However, if there are renovation or remodelling plans for a residential house the asbestos containing materials can be exposed or damaged causing fibres to be released and posing a risk to occupants, tradespeople and contractors.
If you are concerned that there is a risk of asbestos in your future home DMC Survey Services can carry out a Homebuyer Asbestos Survey for the property, with the permission of the present owner/vendor.
DMC Survey Services will:
- Provide a cost for the survey
- Complete a full inspection of the property
- Identify any Asbestos Containing Materials and assess the condition
- Provide a full report recording all the information you will need to manage asbestos in your new home
- Advise on management strategies and removal of asbestos containing materials