The re-inspection survey is a key part in managing asbestos and complying with Regulation 4 of The Control of Asbestos Regulations. The plan for managing the risk must include adequate measures for:
- monitoring the condition of any asbestos or any substance containing or suspected of containing asbestos.
- ensuring any asbestos or any such substance is properly maintained or where necessary safely removed; and
- ensuring that information about the location and condition of any asbestos or any such substance is:
(i) provided to every person liable to disturb it, and
(ii) made available to the emergency services.
- The survey will only include an assessment of the condition of previously identified asbestos containing materials
- Areas not accessed on a previous Management Survey should be included in the scope
- This type of survey will not usually include sampling
- The survey must include a risk assessment